Public transit is a convenient, easy and popular way to visit Fisherman’s Wharf. There are ferries, streetcars, trains, and buses available from all Bay Area regions.
From Downtown San Francisco
- The F-Line streetcar runs between the Castro neighborhood and Fisherman's Wharf. It runs the length of Market Street until it reaches the Ferry Terminal Building on the Embarcadero before turning west to the wharf. There are 4 inbound stops for the streetcar along Jefferson Street before it reaches the end of the line and turns around on Jones Street between Jefferson and Beach Street. Outbound (to the Ferry Building or Downtown) passengers can board at the Jones Street Station or at two other convenient spots along Beach Street at the wharf.
- You can also pick-up a Powell-Hyde Cable Car or the Powell-Mason Cable Car from Powell and Market Streets to travel to The Wharf. See the Cable Car page for more details.
- For information and directions on getting to Fisherman's Wharf from other areas of San Francisco, please visit the MUNI website or try the Bay Area Trip Planner.
From the East Bay
- Take BART to the Embarcadero and connect to an outbound F-Line streetcar to the Wharf. You can catch the F-Line directly in front of the Ferry Building. For schedules and more information, visit Bart.gov.
From the Peninsula
- Take Caltrain to 4th and Townsend Streets. Make a right on 4th Street and walk to 4th and King Street.
- At 4th Street and King Street, board the N-Judah streetcar and ride the N-Judah to the Embarcadero stop.
- At Embarcadero, pick up the F-Line streetcar directly in front of the Ferry Building. The F- Line runs down the Embarcadero to Jefferson and Jones Street in Fisherman’s Wharf.
From Marin County
- Golden Gate Ferry Service operates ferries between Larkspur/Sausalito and San Francisco. The ferry drop off site is the Embarcadero Ferry building. Pick-up the F-Line streetcar directly in front of the Ferry Building. The F-Line runs down the Embarcadero to Jefferson and Jones Street at the Wharf. For more information you can visit their website at goldengateferry.org.
Bay Area Public Transit Information
(Click the Transit Agency name to visit their website)