4th at the Wharf Events Schedule
Monday, July 4th, 2016
11:00 AM - 7:00 PM - Ghirardelli Square Beer Garden - Sponsored by Lagunitas
3:00 - 6:00 PM - Ghirardelli Square - Live Music
5:00 PM - PIER 39 - Tainted Love - An 80's Cover Band
6:00 PM - Aquatic Park - The Purple Ones - A Prince Tribute Band
7:45 PM - Aquatic Park - The Cheeseballs - Bay Area Dance Party Band
9:30 PM - Aquatic Park & PIER 39 - Fireworks Show from City of SF
Fireworks Viewing Cruises
4th at the Wharf
Come spend the day in the Fisherman's Wharf District at PIER 39, Old Fisherman's Wharf, Aquatic Park and Beach, and Ghirardelli Square. In addition to the street performers and local attractions there is also live music at both Aquatic Park, PIER 39, and Ghirardelli Square. After a day of fabulous entertainment throughout the Wharf, you will be treated to a spectacular fireworks display over San Francisco Bay compliments of the City of San Francisco.
Tips for a fab 4th at the Wharf
- Fireworks will be shot off from barges at Aquatic Park and Pier 39. You can watch from all along the waterfront, including the promenade behind Bistro Boudin. If you drive, try the Triangle Lot on Jefferson and Powell streets. It’s a popular spot for parking hatchbacks and trucks; drivers can back in and watch from there. Lawn chairs and coolers are OK.
- People stake out spots starting early, Go early and enjoy the live bands, deejays and street entertainment.
- Picnics are OK at Aquatic Park, but alcohol is prohibited.
- If you take the F or E line, remember: When the crowds get too thick, it will turn around at Pier 39 and not go all the way into the Wharf. SFMTA will put up signs warning of no service at the stops on Jones Street and by Longshoreman’s Hall, but they often get obscured by people standing in front of them.
- If you do drive, it is suggested to arrive to the Wharf and parking before 10 a.m. Parking typically costs about $30 a day. There are 6,000 off-street garage parking spaces in the area.
- No matter where you park, even in a garage, never leave valuables in plain sight, in fact its best not to leave valuables in your car.
- If you want to ooh and ahh away from the crowds, consider booking on a party boat, sport fishing boat or fleet such as Blue and Gold or Red & White.
- Getting to the Wharf isn’t as difficult because people arrive at staggered times. Leaving is another story – everyone wants out immediately after the fireworks end. It is recommended to stick around and go to a bar such as Gold Dust or Buena Vista. If you have kids, Ripley’s Believe It or Not! will be open until midnight, as it always is on Fridays and Saturdays. Ultimately, you will need to be patient.
Post Fireworks Delays
Please expect significant delays if you plan on exiting nearby garages immediately at the conclusion of the fireworks show. After the fireworks, there will be traffic in the area and the staff of Fisherman’s Wharf garages will make every effort to expedite your exit. We encourage you to stay in Fisherman’s Wharf after the fireworks and enjoy the restaurants, shops and attractions to avoid the traffic in the area.