SFFD 150th ANNIVERSARY GRAND PARADE and LIVING HISTORY DAYS
Date: September 24th and 25th, 2016
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Location: Fisherman’s Wharf San Francisco between PIER 39 and Pier 45
All events are free to the public
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 24th, 2016
10:00 a.m. 150th ANNIVERSARY GRAND PARADE
Noon to 4:00 p.m. Course Events
150TH ANNIVERSARY PARADE
9:00 am Procession Line-up - Powell Street
10:00 am - Procession Step-off - weaves through Fisherman’s Wharf
• History Days Program
• 65-foot ladder raise
• National Anthem
A 1900 FIRST ALARM RESPONSE, all horse drawn apparatus with pumping
• 1892 Waterhouse & Lester Chief’s buggy (SFFD)
• 1902 American, 1st size, Steam Engine (California State Firefighter’s Association)
• 1897 Clapp & Jones, 2nd size, Steam Engine (Virginia City, Nevada)
• 1898 Gorter 55’ Water Tower 2 (SFFD)
A 1910 FIRST ALARM BUILDING RESCUE, with all horse drawn apparatus.
• 1898 Chief’s Buggy (Gold Rush Fire Brigade, Sacramento)
• 1890 Service Ladder Truck (Gold Rush Fire Brigade, Sacramento)
• 1901 Seagrave, size 2, Hose Wagon (Gold Rush Fire Brigade, Sacramento)
A 1930 FIRST ALARM MOTORIZED PUMPING RESPONSE
• 1927 Mack Water Tower (SFFD)
• 1928 Ahrens-Fox pumping engine (SFFD)
• And visiting engines from that period.
SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 25th, 2016
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Course Events
•1900 FIRST ALARM RESPONSE, all horse drawn apparatus with pumping steam engines
•1910 FIRST ALARM BUILDING RESCUE, all horse drawn apparatus
•1930 FIRST ALARM ALL MOTORIZED PUMPING RESPONSE demonstration
EVENT VENUE LOCATIONS
-Announcing, reviewing stand and demonstration course is located on the Little Embarcadero, between Powell & Mason Streets.
-The Static Apparatus Display will be located at designated spots between PIER 39 and Pier 45
-Community Tables will be located at designated spots between PIER 39 and Pier 45. Tables and booths will provide SFFD fire education and prevention and information from other related organizations.
To visit the SFFD 150th Facebook page click here